Friday 30 August 2013

365 DAYS of QUILTING - Days 1-16

365 DAYS of QUILTING

On 14 Aug 2013 I decided that I was going to do something quilting related for 365 days.  Or rather document what I do as there is never a day that goes by that I don't 'do' quilting.  I started doing documenting on my fb, but have decided that a blog would be easier to keep track and watch as everything gets lost and embedded deep down in fb.

So my quilting activity today to create this page and upload all that I've done so far.  Phew, good thing I am not too far into at this point.

DAY 1 - 14 August 2013

Time to repair young's son juvenile quilt.  The grandchildren love playing with it.  Need to make it last.   My son loved that he picked the backing for his quilt.  So appropriate.  I'm amazing the fabric still looks new.  I can't tell how many times this quilt has been washed over the years.





Since I had whipped stitched the binding way back when I did the same for the repairs.  Phew, so glad I don't do bindings this way anymore.

Way back then I had no idea how to attached bindings.  It seemed like a good idea to do this way, lol.












DAY 2 - 15 August 2013

A 40th Anniversary quilt I made in 1997 for my in-laws. My MIL chose the fabrics. I machine pieced it and hand quilted it and hand drew the label. I had never taken photos of it until today. 



Took the time today. I need to better record the quilts I've made. At least the ones that can be found!













DAY 3 - 16 August 2013

Started drawing some ideas for quilting the pink panther quilt.

DAY 4 - 18 August 2013

Finished repairing the bug quilt.  I was nice to sit quiet and do some hand work.  






DAY 5 - 19 August 2013

Finished up grandson's I Spy quilt by getting it bound.



DAYS 6 & 7 & 8  - 20-22 August 2013
Making labels for grandchildren's I Spy quilts.  I can't show the finished pics as it has private info written on them.
It was frustrating as a lot of my pigment pens were dried up.  I had to colour in layer over layer to get them brillant enough.  Was determined to use what I had.
DAYS 9-15 ~ 23-29 August 2013
Struck down with influenza, but that didn't stop me from looking at books and thinking about quilting whenever I was awake.  I got a lot of planning done, especially for future machine quilting.

DAY 16 - 30 August 2013
Updating my blog with my 365 days of quilting.
Networking with other quilters.



No comments:

Post a Comment