Thursday 7 March 2013

Scrappy {Pink Panther} Quilt

This a quilt that I am working on.  It's part of my mission to use up my scraps.  I used a "new fabric" charm pack for the colourful centers and scrap fabric for the rest.

I tend to {build} quilts as I go.  I have a lot of neutral coloured strips in my stash.  I added some of these strips to two sides of each of the coloured squares Log Cabin style.

I then looked in my stash for sashing fabric.  I ended up chosing pink which had nothing in common with the pieced center blocks, but I think it turned out quite cute.  It's amazing what we can put together when {forced} to by using what we have.

I have it prepared for quiting.  I found a pink Eiffel tower fabric that I saw sitting on a sale shelf.  As soon as I laid eyes on the fabric I knew it was perfect to showcase Inspector Clouseau's {Pink Panther}.


No comments:

Post a Comment